DEADLINE: 20 January, 2019
Are dedicated to and passionate about shaping a better future? Apply now and become part of the Young Global Changers community! Expand your network by meeting and debating with people from all over the world, take part in the Global Solutions Summit 2019 in Berlin, and participate in an intensive summer school – on a full scholarship.
The Global Solutions Summit brings the next generation of problem solvers from around the globe to Berlin to contribute their views and ideas.
They know young people are dedicated to, passionate about and essential for shaping a better future. That is why in 2017 the Global Solutions Initiative launched the Young Global Changers (YGC) program to attract students and young professionals passionate about changing the world for the better. Each year they’re summoning their knowledge and skills to innovate and implement new solutions that can meet today’s challenges and the challenges of the future. YGC strives for diversity – in its first year it welcomed 100 participants from 100 different countries. In the future YGC will become a permanent worldwide network as part of the Global Solutions Initiative (GSI).
Successful applicants will gain free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2019 and participate in a three-day summer school. They will engage in lectures, workshops and discussions with experienced people from academia, journalism, business, politics, and civil society. The participants will also be able to attend talks and discussions at the summit and will intensively engage with the content and the ideas that are being discussed. Under the guidance of experienced journalists they will communicate the outcomes and stories of the Global Solutions Summit to the world.
They are offering full scholarships for qualified candidates to participate in the Young Global Changers program 2019. The scholarship will cover all conference fees, costs for the summer school, accommodation as well as travel expenses to and from Berlin.
The YGC scholarship includes the following…
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin
- Accommodation for the time of the program
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2019
- Summer School workshops
- Lectures with global thought leaders from academia
- Sharing your work, thoughts, and ideas with Nobel Prize laureates and great minds from think tanks, business, politics and civil society
- Joining an exclusive network of like-minded Young Global Changers and building long-lasting relationships
The Young Global Changers scholarship program is open for students and young professionals with first class results in their academic discipline who are engaged in society – in social, political or environmental activities.
- Student or young professional with excellent academic achievements
- Available to attend the summer school and the Global Solutions Summit in Berlin, March 16 – 20, 2019
- Special interest in one or several of the overarching topics of the Global Solutions Initiative
- Proof of volunteer work or extracurricular social projects
- Developing an idea or working on a specific project that you believe will make an impact
- Excellent command of the English language
- Writing skills and experience in journalism, media production and/or blogging are an asset
Would you like to become part of the Young Global Changers network and join the Summer School 2019?
Please complete the application form below (in English) upload your CV and briefly describe yourself. As part of the application please also choose a G20/T20 topic and explain within 500 characters why this topic is of interest to you.
For More Information: