DEADLINE: 10 October, 2017 by 12 midnight EST.
IFC’s Young Professionals Program is a unique opportunity to launch your career as a global investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries. You will join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams and will be based in Washington DC for at least one year. You will build your expertise through engagements in different countries, close to IFC’s clients. The program is open to final year students working toward an advanced degree such as an MBA, JD, other relevant Masters degrees or recent graduates.
- Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services
- Financial Institutions
- Oil, Gas and Mining
- Public-Private Partnerships (Advisory)
- Telecoms, Media and Technology
- Treasury and Syndication (Product)
- The AIO’s should have 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, management consulting or Treasury).
- Other requirements:
- 3-year program with 2 to 3 rotational assignments either in a regional hub or a different industry department or in another World Bank Group institution
- Participating units include Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; TMT, Venture Capital & Funds; Public Private Partnership; and Treasury and Syndications
- Leadership exposure and development that provides strong opportunities for growth
- Active coaching throughout the program
- You will participate in a 2-week on-boarding program, where you will learn about the World Bank Group in general and specifically about IFC products and operations. You will also interact with Senior Management and other staff. In addition, you will be enrolled in a 4-week residential Investment & Credit training course, where you will be introduced to IFC’s investment and credit culture and investment process.
- The Investment & Credit training course is a series of training courses that form building blocks to support your career progression as an investment professionals at IFC.
- You will also have an opportunity to interact with other Word Bank Group (WBG) Young Professionals, which will enable you to forge career long networks across the WBG institutions and gain a greater understanding of each institutions products and operations
- You will be recruited as an Associate Investment Officer (AIO). AIO’s are part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on identifying investment opportunities, executing transactions and actively managing portfolio projects. In this role, your objectives will be to maximize the impact of IFC’s intervention and contribute to the development of our countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC. Through this program, you can also rotate to IFC’s Public Private Partnership as well as IFC’s Treasury and Syndications units.
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new transactions and develop innovative and appropriate financial structures
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies or projects to identify opportunities, address risks, and recommend investment option
- Supervise project implementation, including disbursement
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact
- Applications for the IFC YP program are accepted annually. The online application is open from mid/late-August to early October each year.
- Interviews usually take place in October/November, and offers are typically made in late December or early January. IFC YPP participants typically join in September of each year.
For More Information: