DEADLINE: 15 December, 2019
Want to study in the Netherlands? Applications for the TU Delft – Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarship are now open. These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology.
The Global Initiative aims to support capacity building in the Global South and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft.
TU Delft | Global Initiative offers 4 Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships. These scholarships cover full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years. The aim is to give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology and to strengthen their relationship with the universities they come from.
From the students they expect that they are willing to act as their ambassadors during their studies and after graduation.
25.000 per year for Sub-Saharan students, which includes:
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
- Membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be our ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellent international applicants (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programmes.
- With a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in the bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
- Citizens: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Check if you’re eligible for this scholarship
- Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
In addition to all the regular documents for a MSc programme application:
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form
- Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document), according to required documents in either English, French, German or Dutch. These letters must be:
- from either a previous professor or assistant professor. If you have work experience, one of these letters may be from your employer.
- written on the official letterhead /have the official stamp of the university or company.
- signed by the referee and include your complete name
Is your referee hesitant to provide you with the letter? Then he/she can email a scanned PDF of the letter to [email protected] His/her e-mail must include your complete name and TU Delft student number. You will be given this number upon registering in Studielink.
If you choose this option, you must upload a statement under “reference letter” in osiaan.tudelft.nl informing them of this decision. This statement should include the name and e-mail address of your referee.
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required). EU/EFTA students can submit this document in a later stage according to the Admission instructions.
Only students meeting this deadline who have been (conditionally) admitted to one of the MSc programmes of TU Delft could be considered for these scholarships. Only students who have been granted a scholarship will be informed by TU Delft via email by begin March 2020
For More Information: