DEADLINE: 31 March, 2019 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3)
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), in partnership with Mastercard Foundation is implementing an eight year transformative project to ruforum-mastercard-foundation-scholarship-award-20172018-for-young-africans/meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development. The aim of the partnership is to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation
Under this partnership, 110 undergraduate and 110 Masters Scholarships will be provided over a period of eight years. The scholarships target academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda. Students enrolled under this scholarship program will receive comprehensive scholarships, leadership development, life skills support, entrepreneurship training and mentorship and exposure to community engagement
For the academic year 2019, 50 Undergraduate and 20 Masters Scholarships will be made available, of which 70% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals. Sixty percent (60%) and fifty percent (50%) of the scholarships will be awarded to undergraduate and masters’ female applicants, respectively. These scholarships are only tenable at Gulu University in Uganda and Egerton University in Kenya.
Eligible Programs of study The following academic programs are eligible for application during the Academic Year 2019.
1. Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management (5 slots)
2. Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness (5 slots)
3. Bachelor of Science in Biosystems Engineering (5 slots)
4. Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (5 slots)
5. Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (5 slots)
6. Master of Science in Agri-Enterprises Development (5 slots)
7. Master of Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition (5 slots)
1. Bachelor of Agribusiness Management (7 slots)
2. Bachelor of Science in Community Development (6 slots)
3. Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources Management (6 slots)
4. Bachelor of Science in Animal Science and Technology (6 slots)
5. Master of Science in Agricultural Extension (5 slots)
6. Master of Science in Soil Science (5 slots)
Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the university of choice.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully study the application guidelines and provide all the required information and documents prior to submitting the application. Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
The deadline to apply for the [email protected] Scholarships is Sunday 31st March 2019 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).
See English Version here
See French Version here