DEADLINE: 9 August, 2018
Reporters Without Borders Germany Berlin Scholarship Programme invites journalists from war zones and crisis areas to come to Berlin for three to four months. During this time they can enjoy a break and complete a comprehensive training program in digital security issues relevant to their work.
The program is funded by the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide scholarship holders with practical knowledge on how to protect themselves against digital threats such as surveillance or hacker attacks in their journalistic work. In addition, they will also receive training in how to teach others in their home region about digital security issues.
Professional journalists, bloggers and citizen journalists who
- are exposed to digital threats due to their work in their home regions,
- want to learn and work extensively with digital security in order to improve their personal security
- are interested in passing on the knowledge acquired during the scholarship program to colleagues in their home regions and, ideally, already have some experience in teaching (including in other areas).
- Scholarship holders must have good to very good command of English, as the working language of the scholarship program will be English.
- They should also have adequate experience working as a journalist. In addition, applicants must have every intention of returning to their home region after three to four months of residence in Germany.
- Reporters Without Borders cover the travel costs, take care of all visa-related matters, provide a pleasant apartment in Berlin for the duration of the scholarship, pocket money of around € 1000 per month, free use of public transport in Berlin and a fully equipped computer, and also organize participation in a varied scholarship program taught by experts in the field of digital security and didactics.
- Furthermore, during their stay in Berlin scholarship holders will be given insights into the activities of a globally active journalist and human rights organization.
- Please send a completed and signed application form, the completed questionnaire, your CV and your identity documents (scanned copies) in separate PDF documents as email attachments (in total 4 PDFs) by email to [email protected] (GnuPG/GPG-Key).
- If you use Proton-Mail, please send your application to [email protected]. The deadline for applications is 09.08.2018.
For More Information: