DEADLINE: 1 September, 2018
Through the “Champions of Science – Africa Storytelling Challenge”, Johnson and Johnson invite all scientists doing innovative and impactful work in Africa to come forward and share their stories!
Science touches our lives in every imaginable way. From antibiotics and telecommunications, to genomics, precision medicine and 3D printing, science has improved the human condition, leading to longer, healthier, happier lives for people all over the world. To continue to advance, science needs champions!
As a global healthcare company, the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is uniquely positioned to champion the role of science in society. Through our Champions of Science platform, we work to convene and catalyze champions of science, and engage people of all generations and backgrounds to see the unlimited opportunities that science brings.
- Publication of your story in the Johnson & Johnson Innovation “Champions of Science” compendium (electronic and print)
- Broad recognition as a Champion of Science through publicity and social media channels.
- $5,000 USD
- Invitation to serve as a “Champion of Science” ambassador at local or regional scientific/science policy meetings, as opportunities arise
This can be submitted in either of the following formats:
- A written story (500-1,000 words)
- Please click here for important video guidelines and tips!
A picture is worth 1,000 words!
We encourage you to submit photos of yourself, your team and any other images that will help tell your story in addition to your written or video submission.
- Photo submission is not required but highly encouraged.
- Accepted file formats: PDF (.pdf), MS Word (.doc), MS Word (.docx), .avi, .mp4, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, Youtube and Vimeo links
Whichever format you choose to tell your story in, be sure to address the following topics in your response:
- What are you working on & why is it important? How will your work impact people/society?
- Who inspires you and/or what motivates you?
- Why do you think it is important to tell stories of science?
In addition, all applications must include a written description of the scientific research or innovation involved.
- September 1 Submission deadline
- September — October Judging
- 4Q 2018: Finalists notified, publication of Champions of Science compendium
For More Information: