DEADLINE: 10 August, 2019
Apply to join Climate Tracker at the UN Climate Action Summit in New York! Climate Tracker and the Stanley Foundation have 8 reporting fellowship available for journalists, photographers and video makers. It’s the chance of a lifetime. These are historic moments in the lead up to 2020, and this is your opportunity to report directly from the events.
They are looking for great young voices who know how to reach a big audience. You can publish in any language. They suggest publishing in a national media. You can submit a video or article on a platform like Medium or social media, but they want to see you reach the biggest possible audience.
Write and publish about a young leader or movement in your country pushing for climate action. You could win 1 of 8 spots to the UN Climate Action Summit in New York from September 19-26, 2019.
The best eight writers will get a chance to attend and cover the Global Climate Strike, the UN Youth Climate Summit, the UN Climate Action Summit, and other events happening in New York City from the 19th – 26th September 2019.
The eight fellows will also receive training on climate and journalism organized by Climate Tracker and the Stanley Foundation, participate in group interviews with high-level officials/experts, and network with amazing people from all over the world!
All expenses (such as accommodations in close proximity to the UN headquarters and round-trip, economy-class airfare) will be organized and covered for the eight fellows as part of the fellowship.This has all been made possible thanks to support from the Stanley Foundation and the UNSG Climate Action team.
- The Scholarships are available to young people aged from 18 – 32, from anywhere around the world!
- Open to young journalists from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by publishing about a youth movement or young leader pushing for climate action in their country.
- Your article should be at least 500 words.
- They prefer it when writers have interviewed at least two people for their article — for example, experts, community members, young people, or policymakers.
- It is always best to include a picture that is original and related to the topic.
- You can publish in any language
- You can submit a video or article on a platform like Medium or social media
- You can check our full rating system for articles here to get an idea on how we will assess it.
- Publish a story, photo-series or video about a young climate champion or movement in your country in the next 2 weeks.
- You could decide to profile one individual person that has inspired you or your country, or write about a local, national, or international movement that is pushing for change.
- If you are thinking of doing a photo essay, make sure you profile great climate activists or marches and publish it in media.
- If you are thinking of video, it could as well profile some people or reflect on the movement you are profiling. Get it published into another story or in media in your country!
Submit your article, photo-series or video by August 10th, 2019.
For More Information: