DEADLINE: 25 January, 2019
The Social Innovation Challenge is a collective effort of Civil Society Academy, Welthungerhilfe and Impact Hub. Through the Challenge, we aim at developing ground-breaking innovations to tackle hunger and social injustice over the next 18 months. The process includes application of innovators on two specific challenges, a design thinking process, development of prototypes as well as piloting of the most promising solutions.
Civil Society Academy is looking for people with great ideas relevant to the challenges, or are in an early stage of developing solutions. Moreover:
- Creative people that have a passion for Zero Hunger and Social Justice
- Doers, that can take ideas forward
- A diverse set of people with different skills and from different backgrounds – from smaller and larger Civil Society organisations, from Businesses and State actors
The Video or Mood Board should address following criteria:
a. Your understanding of Zero Hunger in the context of social justice
b. Your target group and your ideas or approaches to solve their social justice issues
c. The potential impact of your ideas of solutions on social justice & zero hunger
d. Your or your team’s capacity
Civil Society Academy will organise the venue and accommodation for you during the workshop. Further, the invitation also covers your air fares and/or train fares to the venue.
Apart from start-up stipends of up to 40,000 EURO for the 4 best innovation concepts, we will provide you with coaching, training, co-working space, and networking opportunities. We will back you up with our networks and support system so that your innovation can thrive and is ready for scale.
Challenge 1: How might we support rural women and their families to access public services that truly help them escape hunger and injustice?
- Support vulnerable women improving their awareness, access and quality of services and help ensuring their rights at the local level
- Improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of state services
- Provide radical alternatives to current models of service delivery
Challenge 2: How might we support social activists and concerned citizens to become more powerful in combating hunger and injustice?
- Magnify the voice of concerned citizens, social activists and their constituency to influence state policies at all levels
- Provide radical and effective alternatives to existing advocacy or campaign methods
- Support the international community in developing and enforcing global standards related to hunger and injustice
Step 1: Pick a challenge
Step 2: Apply online
Step 3: Upload a video or mood board that illustrates your passion & creative skills
Apply online and submit a video of max. 3 min or a mood board. Last day of application is on 25 January 2019!
If your idea is selected, we´ll send an invite directly to your inbox
Selected innovators from diverse backgrounds will participate in a 4-day Design Workshop
The best 8 concepts & innovators will be awarded with up to 3,000 EURO and a holistic support system to further develop the prototype
A 3-month Prototyping: Develop prototype, Design & branding, First field tests, Acquire support, Customer need & Emotional resonance, Piloting plan
4 innovation concepts will be further selected for a one-year stipends of up to 40,000 EURO and further support
One-year Piloting: Build pilot team, Develop prototype, Build-measure-Learn, Branding & Marketing, Fundraising, Make the case
2020/04 2 – 4 innovations are ready for Scaling
For More Information: