DEADLINE: 7 November, 2018
Build up your profile by volunteering for the Association of African Universities. The Association of African Universities (AAU) is calling on volunteers to support the Social Media Campaign for the 2018 African University Week. The AAU is organising key events to mark the 2018 African University Week. The theme for the African University Week is “The Africa we want:The Role of Young People”.
This year the AAU Secretariat will use Social Media with the help of Volunteer Social Media Reporters to create awareness about the African University Week. This innovative approach will harness Social Media to create awareness and engage the Higher Education community electronically through the use of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Blogging. This approach aims to generate “noise and excitement” online about Higher Education in Africa and contribute towards the advocacy role of the AAU.
Roles of Young Volunteer Social Media Reporters
- Selected Volunteer Social Media Reporters will work online to retweet, like Facebook posts, share videos, share pictures, write blog articles and re-post posts related to the African University Week.
- The Volunteer Social Media Reporters will be guided on what to tweet. E.g. a schedule of tweets and Facebook posts will be shared with the reporters.
- On-Site Volunteer Social Media Reporters will also be selected to support the online campaign and also participate in “onsite social media reporting”. Physical presence during the events is thus a requirement for onsite Volunteer Social Media Reporters. Hence these Volunteer Social Media Reporters must be in Accra and be able to come to the Secretariat of the Association of African Universities for each event.
- The hash tag #AFUniWk will be used to tag all posts that will be posted to enable aggregation and tracking of traffic about the 2018 African University Week and future African University WeekCelebrations.
- While tweeting or liking posts, Volunteer Social Media Reporters will be encouraged to mention universities in Africa and hopefully create awareness on and promote these universities as well.
- All selected Volunteer Social Media Reporters will be expected to follow AAU social media platforms
- Team leaders will be selected to assist and channel the efforts of their team members in order to reach their goals.
- You will learn about Social Media Reporting;
- You will receive resources and training to use Social Media effectively;
- You will be given an e-certificate signed by the AAU Secretary General if you complete all the tasks assigned to you;
- You will have a real experience to include in your CV;
- You will be associated with the Association of African Universities and included in our database for future related opportunities to support your career growth.
The ideal candidate
- Has experience using social media – at least Twitter and Facebook;
- Loves social media and visits these sites daily;
- Has a smart phone and access to internet;
- Has a good reputation in social media communities;
- Understands the importance of hash tags and content aggregation;
- Appreciates the importance of Higher Education for Africa’s development.
For More Information: