DEADLINE: 10 January, 2020
Applications are open for the 2020 SDGs & Her Competition. In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.” SDGs & Her is an online competition for women-led micro and small enterprises to showcase how they are supporting the SDGs through their business operations.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
The first ever SDGs&Her competition in 2018 attracted over 1,200 contenders through an online competition platform from 88 countries. The 2019 contest attracted over 1,200 entries from all regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, South Asia, the Middle East and North Arica, Europe and Central Asia, and East Asia and the Pacific.
- Winners will receive Leadership training, Mentoring and be flown to Washington DC, for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2020 , where they will showcase their achievements.
- The top winners will be recognized in April 2020 at an event on the margins of the 2020 World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in Washington D.C.
- The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
To be eligible you must:
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
- own a small-enterprise, with at least 10 and no more than 49 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $100,000 or annual sales of under USD $3,000,000
If you participated in the 2019 season of the SDGs&Her competition, then you may use the same user name and password. If you have forgotten your password or need to reset your password, please do so on the homepage.
Entries will be screened by a university partner and then judged by an expert panel. Judges will determine the winners based on the impact on the SDGs, vision and purpose, and clarity of the entries.
Applicants complete a short online template, describing their work and linking their initiative/product to 1 or more SDGs.
For More Information: