DEADLINE: 10 February, 2019 5PM Cameroon Time
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation is now accepting applications and nominations for the 2019 Emerging Leaders Program. This robust and engaging program for distinguished young Cameroonians is made possible with the support of the National Endowment for Democracy.
The program brings together 20 leaders from various backgrounds and through a 3-day leadership immersion seeks to strengthen their strategic and leadership abilities. The program, to be held in Yaounde, will build on skills in strategic planning, public engagement and civic responsibility. The goal is for cross-learning and cultivating a network of progressive, agile and transformative leaders.
- Must be a Cameroonian national
- Must be below the age of 35-years by March 1, 2019
- Must be bilingual (English and French)
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- Should have a good understanding of the history and geopolitical complexity of the country
- Should be able to articulate thoughts in newspaper articles or television interviews;
- Should be versatile and comfortable with public speaking and be able to interact and engage with policy makers;
- Demonstrate good leadership qualities
Benefits and Expectations
- Emerging Leaders will participate in a 3-day leadership and policy immersion in Yaounde. All expenses will be covered by the Foundation
- Each group of 5 Emerging Leaders will receive 500,000 FCFA to implement a chosen activity aimed at promoting good leadership, democracy, the rule of law and good governance in the country.
- Emerging Leaders will become affiliated with the Governance & Democracy Initiative (GDI) of the Nkafu Policy Institute for a period of one (1) year.
- As GDI Affiliates they will participate in training seminars organized by Nkafu and publish short articles on a quarterly basis
Interested candidates should complete the ONLINE application no later than February 10, 2019 at 5PM Cameroon Time. There are no paper applications for this program. If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected]
You will need the following to complete your application:
- A copy of your National Identity Card or Passport photo page clearly indicating your photo and date of birth
- A cover letter addressing why you should be selected for this program. The cover letter must be less than 300 words. If it is more than 300 words you will not be able to submit your application through the online system
- A Curriculum vitae of no more than 3 pages with two (2) professional references
Of note, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- February 10, 2019 | Application Closes
- February 13, 2019 | Shortlisted candidates notified
- February 15, 2019 | Emerging Leaders Announced
- March 4-6, 2019 | Emerging Leaders program in Yaounde
For More Information: