DEADLINE: 26 March, 2020
Applications for the AnitaB.org Systers Pass It On Awards Program 2020 are now open. The AnitaB.org Systers Pass It On Awards Program honors Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping one another.
The cash awards are intended as means for women established in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass It On” because it comes with the moral obligation to pass on the benefits gained from the award, creating a movement of women helping women.
At AnitaB.org, they envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. They connect, inspire, and guide women in computing, and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. These awards are funded by generous donations from Systers, the online community founded by Anita Borg in 1987, and other members of the community.
- The awards range up to $1,000 USD.
- Any woman over 18 may apply, though she must be in or aspiring to be in computing fields.
- They encourage applications covering a variety of needs and projects including:
- Assistance with with studies, job transfers, or other transitions in life
- A broader project that benefits girls and women
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field
- Assistance with educational fees and materials
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship
- Partial funding source for technical conferences
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing
For more information: