DEADLINE: 06 April, 2018.
On behalf of the President of African-German Network of Excellence in Science (AGNES), TWAS-ROSSA is pleased to announce that the Call for Applications for its funding programme: the ‘AGNES Intra-Africa Mobility Grant for Junior Researchers’ is now open. The Grant is made possible through funding from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and with support of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH).
The AGNES Mobility Grant for Junior Researchers aims to strengthen the scientific capacity and networking in Africa through active co-operation of AGNES and potential AGNES members. It further supports the alumni of the AvH in their efforts towards coaching and mentoring high potential junior researchers, helping them to access international networks of scientific excellence.
AGNES aims to strengthen the scientific capacity and networking in Africa through active co-operation of AGNES and potential AGNES members. The programme enables researchers studying towards a Masters or PhD from sub-Saharan African countries to spend research stays between 1 and 2 months at a university/research institute in other sub-Saharan African country.
- Direct applications from junior researchers only will be considered for the AGNES Mobility Grant.
- The applicant may be from any academic discipline but must be officially registered for the Masters or the Doctoral degree at a university/tertiary institute in sub-Sahara Africa, and must be a national of a sub-Saharan African country. Applicants must demonstrate clearly that their work is relevant towards development in sub-Saharan African countries and cannot be conducted in the home country.
- Only applicants with an identified scientific host and mutually agreed-upon proposal/work schedule will be considered for the Grant.
- Letter of motivation from the junior scientist (applicant) with a short outline of the proposed research activity and a work schedule for achieving the aim(s) of the research project at the host institution.
- The scientific host must agree in writing to the proposal and time schedule.
- A standard CV of the applicant (use the template attached) and offical proof of registration for the postgraduate degree (only current Masters and Doctoral students are eligible).
Interested junior scientists should submit their electronic applications directly to AGNES desk via email: [email protected] by 6 April 2018. Please ensure that the application and all supporting documents reach the AGNES desk by midnight South African time.