DEADLINE: 25 August, 2019 00:00
The African Union Commission, through the Department of Social Affairs, is developing a Continental Initiative aiming at eliminating Female Genital Mutilation in Africa by 2030 – The Saleema Initiative.
This Saleema Initiative aims at changing the negative social norms which Female Genital Mutilation is rooted in, by adopting a holistic approach that considers this harmful practice a result of a given social, political, economic and anthropological context. The Commission believes that it is only through enhancing the cognitive social capital of communities as a whole, and community members individually, that Female Genital Mutilation will be abandoned.
The Saleema Initiative’s communication campaign will thus focus on working at grassroots level, engaging communities, young people and women to take an active part in the dialogue that will shape the Saleema Campaign.
Following this line of thinking, the African Union Commission wishes to include young
people at the earliest stage, and at the core, of this process by launching a
continental contest, open to all African Youth between the age of 18 and 35, to
design a vibrant, innovative and continental LOGO for the Saleema Initiative.
The logo that will be selected to be the visual identity of the Saleema Initiative:
- Will send a positive, culturally sensitive message
- Will be a sign of empowerment for girls, women and communities
- Will be inspired by African imagery and/or cultural iconography
- Will respect the African Union Color palette
- Will send a proposal before Sunday 25th of August 2019 00:00
- Proposals must be set to the address [email protected]
The winner of the competition will:
- Win a 1000 USD prize
- Win a trip and an invitation to collect their prize at a High Level Event
specifically organized to thank them for their participation in the making of the Saleema Initiative.
For More Information: