DEADLINE: 31 March, 2020
The Competition aims to have 3 categories of winners: the National, Regional and Continental. In this regard, ARSO is requesting all the National Standards Bodies (NSBs) in Africa to organise the competition at the National level and send out the attached documents (7th Continental Essay Concept Paper and Registration Form) to the various Universities /Colleges for the competition. The NSB is expected to conduct the competition at the National level. This entails sending out the relevant documents to Colleges/ Universities, receiving the essays from the participants, doing the assessment and awarding or giving recognition to the winners as appropriate to the NSB.
The organizers are inviting students in institutions of higher learning in Africa (Colleges/ Universities approved by their local commission of higher education) to submit their essays on the theme: “The role of Standardisation in resolving and addressing the socio-economic issues for the Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons and creating durable Solutions to Forced Displacement in Africa” to their respective National Standards Bodies (NSBs) email addresses. (Confirm with your respective NSBs on the submission dates)
This competition is open to Citizens of all African Countries below the age of 35 years living in Africa and studying in a university/college recognized by the local commission for university education or equivalent body in their countries
- Length of essays: Essays should be between 1000 and 1200 words
- Presentation: Essays should be double spaced and presented in Century Gothic, Size 12
- Language of essays: Essays must be submitted in English or French
- Information on the Author: Authors may use up to 50 words to describe themselves. Information should include their names, course and year of study, name, town and country in which their university is located. (N.B: this will not be part of the 1000-1200 word)
- Contacts of authors: Authors should provide us with their postal, physical, telephone and email addresses on the first page of the essay together with the title of the essay and information on the author. Also attach a copy of the Identity Card or passport and a completely filled registration form that can be obtained fro the AMC Group Africa Limited (http://amcgroupafrica.com) and ARSO (https://www.arso-oran.org) websited
The following essays are not eligible for this competition:
- Essays that have been shown or accepted for other competitions
- Essays that have been published in any form
- Essays that focus on the work of a particular person, organization or brand name.
- Participants are only allowed to submit one essay.
There will be two levels of winners
At Regional Level
- 1st position – USD 500
- 2nd position – USD 300
- 3rd position – USD 200
At continental level
- 1st position – (Male and Female) each USD 1000
- 2nd Position – USD 800
- 3rd position – USD 500
In addition the 1st position Winner will be awarded a trip and accomodation to the next ARSO General Assembly Events in Kampala, Uganda that will take place in 2020 to be honored.
For More Information: