DEADLINE: 01 June, 2018
The bursary programme is part of 3ie’s effort towards building capacity in conducting and using high-quality impact evaluations and systematic reviews that can generate policy-relevant evidence. Bursaries are awarded to researchers and policymakers from low-or-middle-income countries for trainings and conferences organised by 3ie or other organisations. To date, 3ie have awarded over 1,000 bursaries. 3ie anticipate making 90 additional awards in 2018.
- To be eligible for a 3ie bursary, applicants must be nationals and residents of low- or middle-income countries. They must also be actively engaged in conducting impact evaluations or systematic reviews with local agencies, and not multilateral organisations. Additional eligibility criteria for, as defined by organizers, may also apply.
- Bursaries are awarded on a competitive basis through open-calls for applications, which are announced on 3ie’s website and social media pages. In some instances, bursaries are limited to individuals nominated by 3ie’s affiliates.
- Applicants must be developing country nationals, currently residing in a low-or middle-income country and actively engaged in the field of impact evaluation or systematic reviews.
- Applicants must meet any additional eligibility requirements posted by the event organisers.
- Applicants who do not belong to one of 3ie’s member agencies, apply through the open-calls and must submit completed applications by the deadline.
- Member nominees must confirm participation and provide any requested documentation by the deadline noted in the announcement email.
- Applicants must commit to attending the full training or conference.
- 3ie bursaries cover registration fees, a round-trip economy airfare, and accommodation.
- All other costs, including meals (not included in the registration fee) and visa application fees, are the responsibility of bursary participants or their employer.
- Bursary funding does not cover the cost of ground transportation, such as airport transfers or any other per diems.
For More Information: