DEADLINE: 28 February, 2018
The Department for International Development (DFID) leads the UK’s work to end extreme poverty. DFID is ending the need for aid by creating jobs, unlocking the potential of girls and women and helping to save lives when humanitarian emergencies hit.
For those aspiring to a career in the development sector, DFID offer unique and crucial support for taking that first step. The 2 year paid programme will begin in October 2018. It will provide the chance for you to become immersed in DFID’s dynamic environment and contribute to priority projects which make a real difference to improving people’s lives in developing countries. Successful applicants will be paid a salary of £30k per annum during the time on the Programme.
Over 2 years you will experience programme and policy work with a wide range of committed, inspiring and influential experts and professionals. We will provide support and challenge as you gain invaluable work experience, maximise your strengths and develop your competence in making effective decisions, collaborating and partnering, delivering at pace, leading and communicating.
At the end of 2 years there is an opportunity for an overseas placement tailored to your mobility, aspirations and performance. Integrated throughout your placement will be a Leadership & Management Apprenticeship and a programme of formal and informal learning and development activities, including: induction,e-learning courses, knowledge and behavioural development options, speaker events, peer learning, and coaching & mentoring.
More and more people are looking for job satisfaction: the feeling that what they do is worthwhile, and makes a positive difference to people’s lives. As well as job satisfaction, we offer a professional working environment, competitive salaries with excellent pension provision and a range of other benefits including:
• Flexible working including reduced hours, compressed hours and remote working
• Civil Service Pension Scheme
• 25 days annual leave, you start increasing to 30 days after 5 years as well as public and privilege holidays
• An inclusive working environment- DFID provide prayer rooms, nursing mother rooms etc.
• A range of benefits for staff working overseas, including a hardship allowance and travel back to the UK. Allowances are also offered for partners and children.
DFID is looking to work with individuals who are passionate about driving action to end extreme
poverty and who aspire to a career in international development. You will be able to articulate clearly how this programme will benefit you and how you:
• act as a catalyst and seek out opportunities to innovate
• engage, collaborate and work with others effectively
• take responsibility for your own performance and learning.
To be eligible for our programme, you must:
- Have a 2.2 or above in any degree discipline or be completing a post graduate qualification (not required if you are an existing Civil Servant)
- Be a citizen of the UK, an EU country, Turkey, Switzerland or a Commonwealth country with indefinite right to remain and work in the UK with no restriction
- Be prepared to work in either London or East Kilbride
- Be prepared to complete a leadership and management apprenticeship.
How to apply
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the DFID Entry Talent Programme 2018