DEADLINE: Midnight, 11th March, 2018 (GMT)
The AfOx Visiting Fellows Program is designed to enhance academic mobility and network building. The program supports African scholars and researchers working in any discipline to spend periods of flexible time in Oxford, for example as sabbatical leave for utilising library or other university facilities or undertaking or planning collaborative research with Oxford based colleagues.
Applicants should provide details of an Oxford university host i.e. someone with an academic/research post in Oxford in the applicant’s field of interest who will work with them to maximise the usefulness of the time spent in Oxford. This may be an existing academic collaborator or a new potential collaborator with whom the applicant has established contact before applying for the Fellowship.
- Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or research equivalent.
- Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
- With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
- The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College.
- A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency.
- The fellowship will also include airfare, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
For More Information: